Geoff Chappell, Software Analyst
All functions in the API-MS-Win-Core-Interlocked-L1-1-0 set are exports from
KERNEL32, some from x86 builds only:
- InterlockedCompareExchange (x86 only)
- InterlockedCompareExchange64 (x86 only)
- InterlockedDecrement (x86 only)
- InterlockedExchange (x86 only)
- InterlockedExchangeAdd (x86 only)
- InterlockedIncrement (x86 only)
All these functions are either forwarded to a corresponding NTDLL function or
have an intrinsic implementation in KERNEL32.
Both the forwarding and the implementations are duplicated in KERNELBASE version
6.1 and higher.
The Windows 7 schema redirects this API Set to KERNELBASE. Thus:
- high-level executables, which do not use the API Set, continue to import these
functions from KERNEL32;
- low-level executables have their imports from the API Set redirected to KERNELBASE.